EION Wireless Standing Offer to the Federal Government
Dual band (4.9 & 5.9GHz) point-to-point broadband wireless radios and accessories
$6,000,000 (Six Million Canadian Dollars)
EION Inc. HQ: Ottawa, Canada
Any Canadian Federal government department, agency or Crown corporation listed in Schedules I, I.I, II, III, of the Financial Administration Act, R.S., 1985, c. F-11
Until 30 April 2016 – renewable for another 2 years
EION broadband wireless point-to-point radios create a secure broadband wireless link between two locations. Equipment can span distances of up to 10 km with the included integrated antenna, or up to 50 km with optional external antennas.
- Leased Line Replacement
- Building-to-Building Wireless Link
- Voice Backhaul
- RCMP/Public Safety Application
- Perimeter Surveillance
- Border security Wireless Network
- Aviation Runway Monitoring
- Video Surveillance Backhaul
Advantages of EION Broadband Wireless:
- Single unit can be configured to operate in the unlicensed 5.x GHz band for general-purpose applications, or the 4.9 GHz band reserved for public safety and homeland security and border security deployments.
- Ruggedized to meet high availability operational requirements for use anywhere in the country. Designed for reliable operation in all weather conditions and temperatures, EION equipment is deployed is some of the most demanding locations in the world.
- Advanced protocols are enhanced with EION’s TrustLink™ technology for superior wireless performance and protection against interference.
- Multi-layer cyber-security features to prevent eavesdropping and hacking from undesired intruders. StarPlus provides protection of over-the-air transmissions with 128-bit AES encryption at full line speed, upgradeable to AES-256. The rugged all-weather enclosure allows co-location on rooftops and masts limiting physical access.
- Up to 300 Mbps over the air and 100Mbps and 150Mbps Net Throughput
- TrustLink™ Technology provides unbeatable RF performance and interference mitigation capability in the unlicensed band.
- AES-256 Encryption for payload and management
- 5.x or 4.9 GHz operation
- Optional GPS Module Sync
- 10/100 Fast Ethernet or 10/100/1000 Gigabit Interface
- OFDM provides NLOS coverage in urban environments
- 5, 10, 20 and 40 MHz Channel Sizes
- SNMPv2 with proprietary MIBs
- High Output Power for Increased Range
StarPlus PtP radio 4.9 & 5.8 GHz integrated front view showing integrated panel antenna:
StarPlus PtP radio 4.9 & 5.8 GHz connectorized front view with 2xNtype connectors:
StarPlus PtP radio 4.9 & 5.8 GHz connectorized rear view showing ethernet port, GPS sync port, vent plug and holes for mounting bracket:
Products and Services Offered: In addition to the radios, our standing offer includes all the cabling, accessories, surge-protection and external antennas for extended range applications. For T1 backhaul applications optional E1/T1 over IP conversion equipment is available.
Full equipment specifications and datasheets are available on our website.
Where required, EION offers a full range of professional services including RF Link Planning, Network Planning, Installation and Advanced Technical Support Services.